In the case of an emergency, please call 911.
The Children’s Clinic has sick call clinic available from 8am to 9am Monday – Friday for acute care needs.
We have an on-call physician at St. Bernards Medical Center who makes rounds a week at a time.
Our clinic telephone is answered 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Starting at 5 pm on weekdays and all weekend we have nurses from Arkansas Children’s Hospital Kids Care available to answer any concerns a parent has no matter the time of night.
You should take your child to the emergency room if:
- your child has difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- your child has had a change in mental status, such as suddenly becoming unusually sleepy or difficult to rouse, disoriented, or confused
- your child has a cut in the skin that is bleeding and won’t stop
- your child has a stiff neck along with a fever; if your child has a rapid heartbeat that doesn’t slow down
- your child accidentally ingests a poisonous substance or too much medication
- your child has had more than minor head trauma.
Poison Control Center – 1-800-222-1222