We will now allow 2 healthy caregivers in the rooms with our newborn check-ups, this includes the initial newborn visit, circumcision, and the 3-4 week check-up. Thank you to our families for being understanding during this time as we continue to strive to keep our patients, families, and staff as safe and healthy as possible!
Please take a moment to review our updated check-in process that has been adjusted for your safety with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Upon arrival at the clinic, please text 870-351-9587 with your child’s name and provider to be seen.
- A nurse will call you at the number you provided for screening questions.
- Remain in your vehicle until a nurse calls you to let you know a room is ready.
- In the 1st Floor Lobby, all parents and children will have temperatures checked and be provided with a mask if you do not have one.
To limit the number of people in the room, we are requesting:
- Only 1 parent per child
- This does not apply to the 1st Newborn Visit and Well Checks in the 1st month of your child’s life.
- If possible, no other children should be brought to the appointment
- We are also requesting a face mask be worn when a provider or staff member is in your room for anyone 2 years and older.
Well Child Visits:
- If your child or the parent has a fever and/or cough, please call ahead and reschedule your visit with us.
- If there has been any exposure to COVID-19, please call prior to your appointment to discuss your visit.
- It is required that anyone 2 years and older wear a face mask. If possible, please provide your own but if unable to they will be available upon arrival.
- The 4th Floor is being used for acute sick visits that are not related to potential COVID-19 illness.
- The 2nd Floor is being used if your child has fever, cough, difficulty breathing, diarrhea, a new rash, or any concerns about potential COVID-19 exposure or illness.
- As of 6/1/2020, we are testing for COVID-19 with a send-out lab that should result in 2-3 days.
- If your child has direct exposure to COVID-19 or needs clearance for a procedure or summer camp, please contact our clinic to speak with a nurse about testing.
The Children’s Clinic has begun offering Telemedicine Services to work with our patients and families to limit the spread of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). This is a new, limited-service for our clinic based on the recommendations by the CDC and the Arkansas Department of Health. A telemedicine visit will minimize in-person contact and help promote social distancing while also allowing improved communications with your provider. We will be using a secure, HIPAA compliant connection that requires either a cell phone, tablet, or computer for a video and audio connection.
This service is only available during this pandemic crisis, and we hope to utilize it specifically in answer questions ranging from eligibility for testing, symptom concerns, follow up of recent infection, and if an ER or clinic visit is needed.
In addition to COVID-19 illnesses, there are other illnesses or problems that might be able to be answered by telemedicine visits. If you think a telemedicine visit would be possible, please contact the clinic to discuss in more detail with a nurse.
Insurance companies will be billed for the telemedicine visit, which will apply to your deductibles and copays; however, they are encouraging this encounter for social distancing and currently AR Medicaise, QualChnoice, and Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover the visit without co-payments for the next 2 months. If you have questions about your insurance coverage or telemedicine visits, please contact your insurance company.
At this time, The Children’s Clinic will only be open from 8 am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9 am to 12 pm on Saturday.
We would like to encourage you to continue well child visits for your children at this time with emphasis on visits where vaccinations would be administered and for those less than 5 years old. We are following the coronovirus cases in our area closely and have made numerous changes to our work flow to minimize exposure risk. Our staff is contacting families prior to their visit to ensure they are healthy or if needed can reschedule your appointment to a later time. TCC is a firm believer in the importance of well-child care visits while making the needed adjustments to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community. Again, thank you!
TCC is working diligently to protect our patients and staff during this time. We are separating patients with potential symptoms of COVID-19 infection from all other patients. All arriving patients are being screened in the lobby of our building and being directed to the proper location based on symptoms. Please remember only ONE healthy caregiver per patient if at all possible. We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time.
We are excited to offer a new service to our patients!
Effective Tuesday, March 17, those with SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS will now be able to check-in remotely by texting us when you arrive.
Simply text your child’s name and date of birth to 870-351-9587 upon your arrival to the parking lot. We will check in your child and send a confirmation text back to you. You may wait in your vehicle instead of our waiting room.
When your exam room is ready you will be called on the number from which you texted. Simply come to the reception desk and you will be escorted back to be seen.
For the safety of our patients and staff, we are kindly asking that each patient be accompanied by only ONE healthy caregiver when possible. This will minimize the number of people entering our offices and in our waiting areas. Thank you for your cooperation.
COVID-19 update from The Children’s Clinic, we will be posting updates regarding changes in our operating procedures later today. For now, we want to assure our followers we have NOT had any confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 in any of our staff or patients.