The Children’s Clinic rarely closes completely during inclement weather. We evaluate the roads at 6:30 am the morning of and decide on clinic hours.
Our Walk-in Clinic will be open during the clinic hours for that day. If your provider is unable to make the drive, you may be seen in our Walk-in Clinic.
Please watch our Facebook page for special hours.Read More
For COVID19 positive individuals, the CDC is still recommending 14 Days of Quarantine.
New guidelines have been released in order to get individuals back to school or work sooner under specific circumstances
- Released After Day 10 – If NO symptoms since exposure
- Released After Day 7 – If NO symptoms AND Negative Testing performed after the 5th day of exposure – PCR (send out) testing recommended but Rapid Antigen testing is acceptable
Under new guidelines, individuals also required to self-monitor daily until after the 14th Day.
- daily temperature checks
- face mask adherence
- social distancing
- limiting groups & non-essential activities
If any symptoms start prior to the full release of quarantine, you need to ISOLATE and contact your provider.
The Children’s Clinic is now offering testing for symptomatic parents or caregivers to our established patients. We are able to utilize a rapid antigen test to the parent or caregiver bringing your child into the clinic if symptoms are present.
The cost per test is $50 and must be paid prior to the test. Your result will only take approximately 20 minutes. We will only offer this test to symptomatic caregivers based on testing recommendations for rapid antigen tests.
Quarantine is recommended for any individual with direct contact with a COVID-19 positive person. Direct contact is defined as being less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes during a 24 hour period of time. If you have more questions about isolation or quarantine recommendations, you should contact the Arkansas Department of Health. 870-933-4585.Read More
The Children’s Clinic is offering COVID-19 testing by appointment or our walk-in clinic for established patients only. All patients must be seen by one of our providers for testing so we can give you a thorough exam, review your medical history and risk factors, and review isolation and quarantine needs with you and your child.
We are currently offering two types of testing depending on if you are having symptoms or have been exposed:
- If you are symptomatic and have had symptoms compatible with COVID-19 for 5 days or less, you are eligible for the rapid test.
- Results within 15 minutes
- The test is not accurate if there are no symptoms because there must be viral particles in the nose
- Our rapid test methodology is felt to have little if any false positives, but there are concerns that we could be missing some positives that are asymptomatic or early in their illness, and thus we confirm each negative rapid test with a send-out test which is felt to be the gold standard.
PCR Send Out Test
- Performed on asymptomatic patients (without symptoms) if there is an exposure history. Results are normally received within 2-3 days.
- If you have had COVID-19 symptoms for more than 5 days, you are eligible for the Send Out Test.
- The preferred time to test asymptomatic patients is 3-5 days after exposure.
All tests follow the protocol outlined by the Department of Health and CDC. The test is “mid-turbinate swabs” (similar to a flu test swab) and not the deep nasopharyngeal swabs that everyone dreads! Testing supplies are limited therefore we will follow these guidelines as strictly as possible.
Note: If anyone has been sent home from school due to “exposure” please call for advice prior to testing. If there are no symptoms, rapid testing is not indicated, and send out tests are more sensitive on day 3-5 of quarantine.
We are happy to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to call our clinic at 870-935-6012.