[av_image src=’https://jbrkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/flu.jpg’ attachment=’1922′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’][/av_image]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
The Children’s Clinic just received a shipment of the Flu Mist* flu vaccine. We also have flu shots in stock. It is not too late to protect yourself against the flu! Call our office today to schedule your flu vaccine appointment.
Influenza is dangerous for children
Influenza (“the flu”) is more dangerous than the common cold for children. Each year, many children get sick with seasonal influenza; some of those illnesses result in death.
- Children commonly need medical care because of influenza, especially before they turn 5 years old.
- Severe influenza complications are most common in children younger than 2 years old.
- Children with chronic health problems like asthma, diabetes and disorders of the brain or nervous system are at especially high risk of developing serious flu complications.
- Each year an average of 20,000 children under the age of 5 are hospitalized because of influenza complications.
- Flu seasons vary in severity, however some children die from flu each year. Last influenza season, more than 140 flu-related pediatric deaths were reported.
For flu-related updates from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, follow @CDCFlu on twitter.
* Flu Mist nasal spray flu vaccine is not recommended for children under the age of 2 years old. Your child’s physician will determine if this is the best method of vaccinating your child.
Leave a Reply